cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Suddenly printing incorrect image sizes from Photoshop

Cptmrgn02
Apprentice

Just spent more than an hour on the phone with Canon and they say I'm down to having an Adobe problem so I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this. Suddenly, with no changes to my system that I'm aware of, my images don't print correctly. By that I mean an 8.5x11 image that includes a 1/4 inch white border will print with 1/8 inch borders on 3 sides and almost no border on the 4th.

I did not change my paper settings - printing to 8.5x11 borderless. It does not matter which image I choose, it does this with all. 

I printed fine last week and, like I said, I don't know of anything that happened. 

I have:

1. Aligned the printer both electronically and manually

2. Installed the Canon print software, which doesn't work with Catalina. It does work in Lightroom and the borders print fine, but the colors are all off and I don't want to have to open photoshop images (graphic art) in Lightroom every time. 

3. Updated the printer driver and Photoshop. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

What Canon print software doesn't work with Catalina? 

Do you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer installed?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Cptmrgn02
Apprentice
I do have the IJ series of the printer installed, yes. I removed and re-added just in case. And there were a couple of other threads about print studio pro not playing nice with Photoshop in Catalina, which has been my experience - it throws an automatic error on open.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t use PSP other than to test out problems I see posted on the forum. I use Lightroom.

I don't have any other suggestions. 

Maybe Rick will see this. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Cptmrgn02
Apprentice
I’ve never used PSP, either. Canon recommended it while I was on the support call.
I’ve always used Photoshop and it’s photoshop’s print dialogue that’s suddenly not working correctly for me.

Shellette
Apprentice
I have the same issue. It came on suddenly after yrs of no problems.
Announcements