cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 compatibility with OS X Mavericks

calamity
Apprentice

I am setting up my new Pro-10 printer on OS X Mavericks. 

The Printer Dialogue box has limied options for Media and Quality. eg no paper types besides Photo or Plain. Other computer I have running Snow Leopard has a full selection including necessary paper type for disc printing.

Also, Canon Print Studio Pro is not recognising the printer in Mavericks saying "A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software and then install its driver".

I have tried installing the newest drivers and software from the Canon site, as well as from the disc that came with the printer.

Nothing has been able to make Canon Print Studio Pro recognise the Pro-10, or for the Print Dialog box to show the paper types that appear in Snow Leopard.

Also, I want to print directly from Photoshop, and without the advanced options in the Print Dialog box, I have no way of disabling printer colour management.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cparthur
Apprentice

I had this exact problem and I guess you must have sorted it by now.

I made sure that when I was selecting the printer in the system preferences pane, that I selected the version of the printer that had IJ next to it, not bonjour.  Bonjour seems to restrict the amount of control over the printer.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have heard of prolems (from my buddies) with some MAC OS's and Canon software, but the only thing I can tell you is make sure both are up-to-date as possible. Otherwise it may not work, sorry.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

cparthur
Apprentice

I had this exact problem and I guess you must have sorted it by now.

I made sure that when I was selecting the printer in the system preferences pane, that I selected the version of the printer that had IJ next to it, not bonjour.  Bonjour seems to restrict the amount of control over the printer.

Hope this helps.

This is the solution I discovered after Canon support went through my settings. A very easy thing to miss during setup.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements