cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 9000, unable to select paper type, MAC Catalina

wfuson
Apprentice

After upgrading to OSX Catalina I am no longer able to change printer presets (paper, quality, etc.) during using Mac default print, Photoshop Elements 2020, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor.

Both Photoshop Elements and Easy-PhotoPrint Editor "remember" the last two settings I used and allow me to select either the last preset used, the current one, or a default.  

In previous versions of the software I was able to easily change all the settings, but OSX now reports that software is not compatiable and will not load.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Adobe asserts that it is a driver issue, and the Canon site does not offer any updated drivers for Catalina.

Thanks in advance!

===  UPDATE ===

FWIW - since the 9000 Mark II is no longer supported I tested the Windows 10 version of Canon's Easy-Print software running on a Windows10 instance in a Parallel's VM on a Catalina environ.  I'm using the latest build of Windows 10 and I have full functionality for the printer using the Canon software.  No driver issues at all.  I still use Photoshop Elements and Affinity in OSX, then print the files from the Parallels VM.  A kludge, but it works.

Don't know if this will help anyone, but at least this way I can still use the working printer and ink inventories until the 9000 realizes it's beyond end of life.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements