cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-1000 Maximum Print Lenfth

CharlesReeves
Apprentice

I only learned a couple of days ago that the maximum print length has been increased through a firmware update, to something like 47 inches.  I tried printing a 30" long sheet cut from a 16" wide roll of Epson paper, and it worked very well.  I had some concern whether the printer would pull it through the top feed, so used the manual feed.  I don't have a profile for that paper on the Canon printer, but used one for a very similar Red River paper.  It was a b/w print, which looks great, but I don't know how well that would have done with a color print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nickbatz
Contributor

It's 47-1/4", to be exact, and it does work very well for color. The printer just sucks the paper in without complaining at all.

When I bought it I was worried that I'd regret not having a roll feeder, but it really isn't necessary.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nickbatz
Contributor

It's 47-1/4", to be exact, and it does work very well for color. The printer just sucks the paper in without complaining at all.

When I bought it I was worried that I'd regret not having a roll feeder, but it really isn't necessary.

RALF1
Apprentice

Hi nick,  Thanks for the info.  How can I know if my Pro-1000 has the updated firmware.  Thanks

nickbatz
Contributor

Scroll down to the Printer Information screen (on the machine) with the arrows. I have v.3.03 on mine.

RALF1
Apprentice

Great! That’s what I have.  Thanks Nick!

Announcements