cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 giving me grainy, washed-out prints

vcrouch
Apprentice

I'm trying to make some prints using the Canon Matte Photo paper.  The first print I did came out well, but the rest of my prints are very grainy and washed out.   This occurs in both the standalone app and in the Photoshop plugin.  What could be the problem?   Here's my setup:

Windows 11

Canon Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)

Using Canon Print Studio Pro with these settings:  

PrintStudioPro.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, I'm an idiot!  I've been printing on the wrong side of the paper!  Thanks for the help, John!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Verify that you are printing on the correct side of the paper. It can be difficult. Wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. The print side will be tacky.

2. If that isn't the problem try a different paper type to see if that prints correctly.

3. If not, run a nozzle check and cleaning cycle.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

vcrouch
Apprentice

Thanks, John Hoffman.  I verified that I was printing on the correct side, and I also tried printing on Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster -- sadly, I had the same result.  I'll try your other suggestions now and let you know the results.

I ran a nozzle check (which looked perfect), and ran a cleaning cycle, but the results were the same.  Please take a look at the two images I've uploaded below.  I printed the first image two days ago, and the second image today, both on the PRO-100 using Print Studio PRO.  Any ideas?

Printed 2 days ago and printed todayPrinted 2 days ago and printed today

If that is on Pro Luster paper I don’t have any suggestions. If it’s matte paper I have seen results like that when printed on the back side. 
Can you try printing directly from your photo software. 
Are you on a Mac? If so maybe try reinstalling the driver. And beware of the AirPrint driver that can get installed inadvertently. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

OK, I'm an idiot!  I've been printing on the wrong side of the paper!  Thanks for the help, John!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements