cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro-100 print quality issue. Any idea what might be causing this?

festoonic2
Apprentice

IMG_7903.JPGIMG_7904.JPGIMG_7906.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your suggestion. Turns out it wasn't a software issue, but you got me thinking about the source of the problem being something other than the printer. I eventually found and unplugged an old electricity-usage monitor I'd recently inserted (on a whim and then forgot about) between the printer and the wall outlet. Once I removed it, everything started working fine again. Hooray for the internet, and thank you again for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

festoonic2
Apprentice

From a Pixma Pro-100. Have switched out print heads and tried 2 different Pro-100s. Same result when printing color. Printed is filling up the designated crop (11x14 or 5x7) but appears to be squashing the image and filling up the remaining space with the goobledegook at the bottom or sides. I'm stymied.

robnich
Enthusiast

Since you get the same unwanted result with two different Pro-100s  and after switching print heads, it would seem that it is a software issue. I would begin by reinstalling the printer driver from the Canon support site;

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/software-and-drivers 

Thank you for your suggestion. Turns out it wasn't a software issue, but you got me thinking about the source of the problem being something other than the printer. I eventually found and unplugged an old electricity-usage monitor I'd recently inserted (on a whim and then forgot about) between the printer and the wall outlet. Once I removed it, everything started working fine again. Hooray for the internet, and thank you again for your help.

I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved. Good job in tracking it down.

Announcements