cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro-100 and Windows 8.1 Help Please....

Livingcolor
Apprentice

Hello,

I will try to be concise 🙂

Spent all day on the phone for this without the same answer twice *sigh*.

I have been told and I have read over and over that YES, the Pro-100 WILL absolutely work with Windows 8.1.

Then...I find out that it's possible that it will NOT work unless I have 8.1 Pro Pack.

Is this true?

IOW...Is there anyone using the PIXMA Pro-100 with Windows 8.1 *without *Pro Pack just fine?

I ordered the printer yesterday before being told about this, and need to know if I have to cancel my order before it ships.

Thank you very much for any and all help.

Sherri

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, we would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

Our support team is ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Ramona
Authority

Hi Livingcolor,

The PIXMA PRO-100 is compatible with the Windows 8.1 operating system; the Pro Pack addition is not required.  To ensure you are running the latest compatible drivers for the printer, we recommend downloading them from the Canon USA website here.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sherri,

I have been using the Pro-100 along with three of the printers it has replaced, the 9000, 9500 and 9500 II since Win 8.1 came out.  They all work and work well with WIndoze 8 or 8.1.  I use Photoshop and Lightroom so the OS really doesn't matter.  If you do not have either of these, I will suggest you check into Photoshop Elements as an option.

With one of these mentioned programs you do not need any thing additional.  Including the Canon software that comes with the Pro-100.  But a couple of Canon's software is pretty good like the printing on a DVD.  But PS, or PSE, is where it at for photos that are possibile by the Pro-100.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, we would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

Our support team is ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

HI,
Thank you much...it was Canon tech support that told me I had to have it. Turns out he was wrong, thankfully.

I was surprised that he was adamant but am happy that the printer is here and working fine. Thank you

Ramona
Authority

Hi Livingcolor,

The PIXMA PRO-100 is compatible with the Windows 8.1 operating system; the Pro Pack addition is not required.  To ensure you are running the latest compatible drivers for the printer, we recommend downloading them from the Canon USA website here.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sherri,

I have been using the Pro-100 along with three of the printers it has replaced, the 9000, 9500 and 9500 II since Win 8.1 came out.  They all work and work well with WIndoze 8 or 8.1.  I use Photoshop and Lightroom so the OS really doesn't matter.  If you do not have either of these, I will suggest you check into Photoshop Elements as an option.

With one of these mentioned programs you do not need any thing additional.  Including the Canon software that comes with the Pro-100.  But a couple of Canon's software is pretty good like the printing on a DVD.  But PS, or PSE, is where it at for photos that are possibile by the Pro-100.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you ebiggs1 🙂
It was a Canon tech that gave me the wrong information. Hopefully he will be better informed now.
The printer is here and working fine.
Yes, I need to purchase PSE and then Lightroom at a later date :).

Have a great day and thank you again.
Announcements