cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New printer needs new print head?

dsokal
Apprentice

Image ProGraf Pro-1000. Date of purchase = 4/12/2020. Since purchasing it, it has clogged seven times. Except once, the problem has been the Gray (GY). The color GY is usually completely absent on the Nozzle Check print out. I have tried to go through the recommended procedure for cleaning starting with a Cleaning, followed by Deep Cleaning and repeating before doing System Clean. It often requires a System Cleaning in the end. As such I have started to jump straight to the System Clean in order to waste less ink! So far it has wasted at least $100 dollars worth of ink. I believe I have received a faulty inkjet print head in my new printer. I plan to request a free replacement print head AND free cartridges. I have worked with one other Pro-1000 in a college digital art lab and it never clogged, even though being used by multiple users. However, I am printing on 17 X 22 sheets and using fine art papers (Canon Fine Art Smooth, Canson Platine, Epson Cold Press). After the first clog, I have been very careful to brush off the paper. Has anyone else had problems indicating that clogging is more frequent using fine art papers (100% cotton rag)? Has anyone else received a faulty print head with their new purchase?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

3 month old printer.  You need to contact Canon. They have excellent support.  No need to endure this continually. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements