cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA PRO-100 becomes the default printer whenever I turn it on

mcsynth
Apprentice

Most of the time, I am using 2 networked PCs, each with their own printer set as the default for that PC.  I use the PRO-100 only on occasion for printing 13X19 photos.  However, when I turn it on, it takes over as the default printer on both PCs.  When I'm done printing, I have to reset the default befor I use any other applications.

I would like my default printers to stay as they are, any direct the print output to the PRO-100 only when needed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

McSynth

2 REPLIES 2

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thanks John_B,

Both my PCs are using Windows 10, and one uses a Canon MG6220 by default, and the other uses an HP PhotoSmart D110.  Those 2 and my Pro-100 are connected by WI-FI through Netgear N600 Dual Band WI-FI router. 

As soon as the Pro-100 is powered up, both PCs change their printer default to the Pro-100, and it remains that way after the printer has been powered down.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements