cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necessary to unplug the pro 10 printer when not printing for several days or weeks?

LJames704
Contributor

Is it necessary to unplug the pro 10 printer when not printing for several days or weeks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1

Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

From what, the wall or the computer? I don't know if it's necessary but I don't do either. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Recently a professional photographer said during a printing class he was teaching that when you are not printing for several weeks you should unplug the printer's power cord from the wall to prevent the print head from clogging.  The photographer owns Epson printers so I am not sure if that suggestion applies to Canon a well.  I have seen nothing in the Pro-10 manual that confirms the photographer's suggestion.  Since you do not unplug yours, it appears that you are not aware of any such requirement for the Canon printer.

I don't have a Pro-10 but I do have a Pro-100 and it shuts itself off. Making any action on my part unnecessary.

I have heard some say the heat from the internals being left on, because they are warm, will dry up ink cartridges faster,

My 9500 II does not turn itself off and it goes several days to a week or two between uses and seems to work OK.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1

Thanks for your reply.

Announcements