cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageprograf Pro-1000 Not Printing Correct Size

phildeman
Contributor

Help!

I have a Canon Imageprograf Pro-1000 that suddenly stopped printing the defined size image.

Computer: Mac Pro

Connection: USB

Software: Photoshop CS6

Color Handling:  Photoshop Manages Colors

Image was size was enlarged from W: 2184px x H: 1484px to W: 4857px x H: 3300px.

Imageprograph Pro-1000 Firmware: 2.070

Print Media: Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-Gloss

Print Media Size: A3+

Image Size: 11 x 14 inches

Size of Image Output: 6.5 x 8.25 inches

The printer is configured to receive A3+ media size on Plus Semi-Gloss

I have never had any problems before today with resizing and printing images on different inkjet paper media and paper sizes.  I have had this printer for approximatly a year.

Do you have any recommendations/suggestions on how to resolve this issue.  I double checked the configuration on Photoshop CS6 and the Canon printer settings.  The print preview shows the correct image size on the print media.  However, the image size comes out smaller than the intended size.  In addition, I updated the firmware to the latest, 2.070.

-Phil-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phildeman
Contributor

I found the problem.  The Paper Handling  - Destination Paper Size was a different size than the print setting Paper Size.  Once I changed it to be the same size, the image printed correctly on the paper.

It's seems unual that despite setting the paper size, in the print settings, you still have to go to another setting, elsewhere, to indicate the paper size.

-Phil-

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

phildeman
Contributor

I found the problem.  The Paper Handling  - Destination Paper Size was a different size than the print setting Paper Size.  Once I changed it to be the same size, the image printed correctly on the paper.

It's seems unual that despite setting the paper size, in the print settings, you still have to go to another setting, elsewhere, to indicate the paper size.

-Phil-

Can I ask where you changed it? In Print Studio or in Windows drivers or elsewhere?

And YES it's annoyingly unusal to change that when the software of course should do this.

Hi Grimmy,

I had to manually set the print size on the on the printer, to match it to PS’s printer software.

Ok. Thanks. That's a major disappointment though. I would like to find a Canon staff to tell me how they allow this software to be so buggy.

I succeed to print directly from Photoshop (crtl+p in windows) and that actually worked. But I don't know if it will affect something else like colors or so. 

I am having this issue as well.  I read your solution, but it's still not printing the correct size.  *sigh

Did you check phildemans advice above? Set it manually on the printer before you go? I didn't have too. 

Announcements