cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a Pixma Pro-100. My prints do not reflect the edited images from CS6/LR5.

lepiolet
Apprentice

I just got a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer. I'm running CS6 and LR5. My monitors are calibrated, my color space is Adobe RGB (1998). I want the Photoshop /LR to manage my color. I (believe) am using the correct profile for the Canon paper (Pro Luster). However, my prints do not reflect the edited versions I am viewing on my monitors. The colors are darker, dull, a bit on the reddish side, and not as vivid as what I am expecting. Is there anyone out there who can guide me to the proper way to set the up my printer and color space? I this is very confusing to me.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
First thing I recommend is download the printer test image from the following website: http://outbackprint.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Open the test JPEG in WIndows photo viewer and print it on plain paper with default settings. How does it look?

You said monitor was profiled; what brightness? Recommended level is 90-120 cd/m^2.

Also, try having printer manage color. Have you tried printing using the Print Studio Pro plugin?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You don't need any additional gadgets to set up your monitor(s) and the printer.  Mostly you will just frustrate yourself and waste a lot of ink and paper.  Stop wasting your time with them, too.

You do need to get three things set carefully.  You need the brightness, the contrast and the grey-scale set right for the printer.

Big point to remember you are dealing with two completely different types of color.  One is light and the other is dyes.  They will never match exactly except for maybe one or two colors at a time.  I generally shoot for flesh tones as that is what people notice mostly.

Always check the details and never let the printer do any color managing.  All Canon printers I have worked with have a reddish bias.  You can not or at least it is very difficult to get rid of it.  Canon engineers seem to prefer a warm tone in their printers.

I curently use three of the Canon Pro printers form the 9000, 9500 II amd the 100.  All are great printers.  But right now what you are seeing and what you are sending to the printer is different.  These need to match or you need to know what to adjust in PS to make them match.  Don't use LR to print, it isn't as good as PS and it will be different.  If you must, stick to either/or but not both.   I prefer PS.

Always shoot RAW and use ACR to convert in either LR or PS but I always print from PS.

Let me know how you get along.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements