cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E161-4050

HollyB
Apprentice

I was setting up my brand new IPF 6450 last night and during the initial ink charging process, I received an Error E161-4050 message and cannot do anything else.  It was after hours so I couldn't call Canon.  I send an email to tech support but haven't heard back. 

Has this happened to anyone or does anyone know what the cause might be? 

12 REPLIES 12

Spectator
Contributor
Hi there.Try following: First of all check if any obstruction on a way of the carriage.Jam interlock swirch of the cover, so you can run plotter with open cover.Load paper roll.Watch it to see if paper gets to a carriage area.If it does, see if multisensor comes on to check the paper then uou have problem with main board or carriage board or both

Spectator:

Thanks for your reply. I have observed the paper loading with the interlock jammed and the cover open. It seems to be aligned ok and it does come out under the print head area. I am no sure what you mean by "see if the multisensor comes on". What exactly do I observe? Thanks.

Spectator
Contributor
HI I rrapet my last message.Cause I am not sure if it got posted
When paper being loaded, look in between carriage and paper.Sensor is on a left side of the carriage.It should ,during the load , shine light onto 5he paper and would read amount of light reflected off the paper.This way printer determines size of the paper.If it never comes on , it will give either error code or message that it can not detect size of the paper.If it is a case, then problem with the main boatd or carriage boatd or both.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements