cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Prints Printing in Black, White, and Blue

kmyers
Contributor

I have a Pro-100 and it has suddenly (between prints) switched and started printing everything in black, white, and blue. It won't print any other color. I didn't change any settings and I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you try a nozzle check?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kmyers
Contributor
Yeah. Did the nozzle check, cleaning, and deep cleaning. It won't print any of Group 1. Not a single drop. I called tech support and they were unable to help. Only suggested that I take it to a service center to have them look at it.

Yes, service is required.  Most likely you lost the print head.  Cleaning never helps when the print head goes south.  You are just wasting ink.  Is it still under warranty?  I hope you have a service center close by.

There seems to be a higher occurance of print head trouble on these.  Maybe not but I sure hear it a lot. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kmyers
Contributor
Thankfully it all went smoothly. Took it to the service center and it was still under warranty. They were able to fix it and get it back to me within a day!

Was it the print head?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements