cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-10 Prints are coming out too light now

acasagrande
Apprentice

I'mhoping someone can help me with this. I've looked around on the forum and haven't been able to find a solution.

I'm reprinting a series of black and white photos which, after much research, turned out beautifully. Very rich blacks with no color casts.

I saved these print files separately with the correct adjustment layers and wrote down all my printing steps. No problem the first two times I printed this set, they look exactly the same.

Now however, using the exact same settings, the prints are coming out lighter, with dull looking blacks. No color cast though.

Some other facts:

Photoshop CC

Mac desktop running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Canson Edition Etching using the correct ICC profile

Canon Pro-10 printer

I did have an issue today with connectivity that had to be resolved by deleting the printer and reinstalling it.

Prior to the connectivity issue, my print was coming out exactly as it should. The printer lost connection half-way through the print job creating a half printed image. 

I updated the Canon driver while I was at it.

Thoughts on why?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are certain that all the Photoshop settings are the same (development settings and print settings) but the printed result is different then the problem could be the printer driver.

Since you reinstalled the printer and updated the driver are you perhaps using the Bonjour driver rather than the IJ driver?

Did you perhaps have a printer adjustemnt dialed in the driver that was lost when you reinstalled the driver?

Can you try printing using Print Studio Pro and see what happens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for replying.

I accidentally had it set to Bonjour at first. Which I thought was the culprit. I switched to the correct setting of Canon IJ but it is still producing odd results.

I didn't have any printer adjustments dialed in the driver either. 

I'm doing a test print with Print Studio Pro right now to see if that helps.

Angela

One way to check that your printer is set up OK is to print the test image in this link.

Its a jpeg, so just open it and print it w/o making any adjustments.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, I'll give that a run through and see.

Print Studio Pro is producing the correct print. I'll stick with that for now.

Thank you again for replying and helping with this issue!

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements