cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Print Studio Pro will not load in Photoshop 2018

RandyC
Contributor

When I upgraded to Photoshop 2018 Studio Pro disappeared. I tried to reload it and no luck. Anyone have this issue?

20 REPLIES 20

I have owned this printer for a year now and still haven't gotten it to work. I give up each time I've wasted an entire weekend trying to get it to print photos the size I select. Today I downloaded PSP three times. There is no option to select where it goes, the only choice is to install for all users. Each time I reopen Photoshop 2018 CC, there is no change. I still can't print in the size I select.

I had to reload Print Studio Pro and it crashes each time I open it. Mr. Hoffman, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you Randy

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you follow the on screen instructions and select “Next” to can browse to the Plugin folder.

If you can’t do that follow Bill’s advice above and call Canon.

I’m using it so I know it works on both W10 and macOS High Sierra.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Following the "Next" gave me the one choice, to install for all users, without being able to direct to a speciific place.

I called Canon and, after going through several preliminary questions to route me to the right person, I got the message, "We're closed today."  Worst tech support ever.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you are in the US support is M-F 10AM to 10PM Eastern Time.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you selecting the Plugin installer?

Go to the Canon Utilities- Print Studio Pro folder and select Plugin Installer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

"Go to the Canon Utilities- Print Studio Pro folder and select Plugin Installer. "

When I do that, it gives a message: "A version of Adobe Photoshop supported by Print Studio Pro is not installed. A supported version ... is required to install the plug-in for Print Studio Pro."

I am running Photoshop CC 2018 for Mac. Print Studio Pro is supposed to be compatible with Photoshop 2018, or is that only for the PC version?

If you aren’t using 2.2.1 download it from Canon site 

Run the plugin installer. After the LR plugin installs select Next. Select Photoshop x64 and browse to the plugin folder. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Much confusion is due to poor design of the "Plug-in Installer" window.  I interpreted "Folder of plug-in to be installed" to mean the source of the plug-in, given that the three adobe choices for "Compatible applications" seem to specify the destination.  When I proceeded on this assumption, the installer reported success (NOT!).

Rewording the browsing instruction as "Destination folder of plug-in to be installed" would clarify.  Also, renaming the window "Print Studio Plug-in Installer" would help.

It would alo be helpful if the installer did not say the Photoshop version was incompatible. You have to ignore that and, instead of giving up and exiting, pretend you never saw the warning and click on Next, which eventually gets you to where you can choose the plugin folder.

Announcements