cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 won't print

JeffMTampa
Apprentice

Hopefully someone can help.  I just purchased a new Pixma Pro 100 and diligently set it up using a USB connection to my laptop (Windows 8, 64 bit).  The printer printed the alignment page fine, but won't print anything else (including a Test Page from the device Properties box).  I immediately get an on scree error message when trying to print.

Any thoughts out there?

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This combo works quite well on my system.  What is the error message?

You need to go back over your installation.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

There is no error code on the printer itself (orange blinking lights for the reset). On the computer screen a green box comes up stating something like "The Printer can't print from (Image Garden, Excel, Word, etc.)"

Unplug the printer for 15 minutes.  Unplug it from everything.  Don't use My Image Garden.  Use Easy Photo Print EX (came with your printer) or some other program.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JeffMTampa
Apprentice

Let me add that I did go through all of the trouble shooting procedures in the manual and updated the drivers with the current ones posted at the Canon website.  No luck with anything- I still get the same results.

It does seem the printer and computer are communicating through the USB chord, but just not properly.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of difficulty with a printer?

Announcements