cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100, flashing yellow light, getting B200 support code message

akolozvary
Apprentice

Canon Pixma Pro 100, flashing yellow light, getting B200 support code message

Purchased printer over 3years ago.  Only printed a small handful of things.  All images came out great. Didn't really have a need for printing anything since then until today. 

I plugged in, powered it on, my Windows 10 PC recognized printer...everything looked good up to the point I noticed the yellow light flashing non-stop. So, I decided to open the top tray to examin the ink cartridges.  Anticipated ink tray would move to center position...but never does.  Infact, the entire printer is silent after I power it on.

Does ink bind up over time in these printers?  Will issues arrise for not using a printer for a long time?  I did move into a new home.  Not sure if rattling/vibrations from a moving vehicle can cause some issues internally.

Is my printer doomed?  Anyone have any suggestions?  I imagine servicing this thing is too costly and would be cheaper to buy a new one...which I don't really want to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akolozvary
Apprentice

Update...I can't believe this worked, but I turned it off and unplugged it and then plugged it back on/powered it on several times...and it magically started working again. 

Printing now...now to see if ink somehow held up over the years.

-edit-

amazing, it works great still.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

akolozvary
Apprentice

Update...I can't believe this worked, but I turned it off and unplugged it and then plugged it back on/powered it on several times...and it magically started working again. 

Printing now...now to see if ink somehow held up over the years.

-edit-

amazing, it works great still.

The only method that worked for me!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Announcements