cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Won't Turn On

SC489
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer was bought in 2014 and has had light use. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but today it won't power on. I've checked the plug fuse and lead which are OK. I tried the reset procedure of unplugging the printer, pressing the power button ten times then holding the power button for 10s before turning the printer back on and that didn't work.

I then removed the modular PSU part no. QK1-8585-DB01-01 or K30348 by Acbel Electronic. It shows a 32V 0.7V output printed on the PSU. However when I test each pair of pins I only see some outputs of 8V, nothing at 32V.

This makes me think the PSU is defective. I can find a replacement PSU for £25-£40 from eBay.

Can anyone confirm how to test the output of these PSUs? Has anyone experience  of replacing these Canon printer PSUs with success or am I better off buying a new printer given its age?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I would recommend  the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements