cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Group 2 Ink Cartridge Issue

theinfinityzero
Contributor

After I setup my printer and was prompted to run an alignment test I received the error 2500.  I then ran a cleaning cycle and then a nozzle check cycle and found out group 2 (bk, gy, lgy, c) wasn't printing at all.  After several cleaning and deep cleaning attempts I still encountered this issue.  I re-read the instructions to see if I missed out on anything.  Despite it's warning, I removed the printhead to see if I left any orange tape.  I noticed that the left side for Group 1 had ink residue while the right side was dry.  Even after running many cleaning and deep cleaning cycles it was dry.

I tried my luck again after 12+ hours and Group 2 is still not working.  Everything is installed properly - ink cartridges are seated properly and the indicator lights are on for all 8. 

The only thing that managed to change is the "ink level," or rather the printer is telling me Group 2 is close to empty while a visual inspection shows a near full cartridge of ink.

I am more than frustrated at this point.  I own several Canon products, but this is the first that has been defective.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: 01.05.14 @ 0152

I went over everything once again and found nothing out of place.  Ran the cleaning cycles again and followed up with a nozzle check and the only thing new is I've ran "out" of LGY and the rest of Group 2 ink are down to their last drops (according to the chip on each cartridge).

Now I've "wasted" ink as I am sure there's no way to reset the information on the ink cartridges (the Group 2 tanks are full!). 

This has been one major headache.  Honestly, it's a POS.  I experienced zero issues with my Canon MG3100 printer after setup and was hoping for the same experience with a more expensive, sophisticated printer. 

38 REPLIES 38

Exact same issue here! Any updates or successes?

The new printer actually arrived within a few days.  I am happy about that.  Now I have to return a two month old snowblower that stopped working.  I am getting pretty tired of how regularly I have to return faulty items I spend good money on...

Did the new printer work?

Plan to set it up this weekend.  I will let you know.

Received a new print head and the printer is having the same issue. Canon said they are sending out a new printer. 

What a pain! 😕

New printer works.  Hopefully it stays working...

New printer arrived today. I'm reviewing my instructions in the email. It states:

Please use the packaging material for your Warranty Exchange to return the non-functioning unit. You only need to pack and return the defective unit. Be sure to remove all accessories, such as removable paper trays, print head/cartridges, removable power cord, etc. You may also keep all manuals, software CDs, and other documents.

Tell me if I'm reading this correctly: I keep everything in the box and just send back the unit, so I have two power cords, print heads, sets of cartridges, etc. I'll gladly take the extra ink but I don't want to be wrong and cause myself future grief. What did you all do?

When I received my replacement it was only the printer body. No accessories.

If you are concerned I would contact their support and ask them.

I would do as it says, to the letter.  Exactly!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I know it is a couple of years later but I just wanted to add for anyone reading this.  You all do realize that if it is over 30 days since you bought your printer the "NEW" one you receive as a replacement  is NOT,  NOT, NOT new but reconditioned! Just going through same issue with a PX922.

So you are receiving a USED printer that someone else had problems with first and Canon "fixed":  manmad:

Just had a big argument with them about this. NEW replacements are only if it is within 30 days of purchase.

I have been trying to figure out if I should get a 100 or 9000. They seem to have just as many problems as the others. I print a lot of old B&W photos which are not actually B&W anymore. I have been having major problems with the PX922

Doesn't anything ever work anymore!

Elody21

Announcements