cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-100 ERROR - light indicates manual tray is open when it is not - will not print

arbalfe45
Contributor

I am receiving the following error on my CANON PIXMA PRO-100: "Manual feed tray is in the paper jam
clearing position". IT IS NOT IN THIS POSITION. I have opened and closed it a zilliion times and the light continues to flash 3 times. It is not helpful to provide a list of what the error codes mean and troubleshooting tips. I have gone through all that already and it still will not stop blinking and I cannot print. I printed numerous things on the printer last week and there was no jam and I did not use the manual feed tray. Everything should be the same as it was then. Despite this, I have fully examined everything with a magnifying glass and shop light and there is no paper stuck anywhere. AND THE FEED TRAY IS CLOSED. I don't think I have ever used the feed tray with any of my printing projects.

Where is/are the sensor(s) that indicates whether the manual feed tray is open or closed? I may need to jimmy it so it thinks it is closed. Any other troubleshooting tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You might want to call support for help. They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try removing power from printer and cycling the power button a few times.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, John. I have tried unplugging, restarting, disconnecting, and uninstalling/re-installing numerous times. When it powers back up, it is still blinking with this error.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try dropping the manual tray to the jam position and reseating?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

arbalfe45
Contributor

Yes. In fact, the error is saying the manual feed tray is the jam position, which is why it will not print. It is completely closed and in the upright position. I have moved the tray back and forth from open to jam position and back to closed and it still continues to flash this error.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe delete and reinstall the driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

arbalfe45
Contributor

I uninstalled the entire printer and reinstalled it, but did not specifically reinstall the driver. I will look on Canon's website and try installing the latest driver to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestions!

arbalfe45
Contributor

I successfully updated the driver. Light is still flashing and error says "Support Code:1261 Printing cannot be started because the manual feed tray is in the paper jam clearing position." I opened and closed the manual feed tray serveral times again and pressed the resume button, but the error persists. Sigh. 

You might want to call support for help. They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday.

arbalfe45
Contributor

I talked to Canon today. They were unable to resolve and said there is no option for repair. The only solution is to utilize their Upgrade Program and purchse ($599) the Pixma Pro-200 (for 10% off and free shipping. I have more than $500 worth of ink for the current printer (Pro-100) and it is not compatible with the newer model. They offered to send me ONE set of replacement cartridges at no cost after the new printer arrives. As this is quite a financial hit, I am still undecided about moving forward.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements