cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO 100 Colors Less Vibrant

toosvveet
Apprentice

Hello!

I recently upgraded my Mac to a 2020 Macbook pro (macOS Catalina) from a mid 2009 Macbook Pro (OS X El Capitan). Unfortunately, when going to print the exact same file with the same printer settings, the prints are all darker and less vibrant. I just pulled out my old computer to print the same file from both computers to make sure it wasn't something weird happening with the printer or the ink, but the photo when printed from my old computer printed perfectly. The only difference I can see is that the printer is using driver version 16.20.00 on my old computer and driver version 16.41.00 on the new computer. However, I installed 16.20.00 on my new computer, but the print still printed dark/less vibrant. I'm printing on a glossy, sticker paper directly from Preview with the following settings:

Color matching: ColorSync Profile: Canon PRO-100 <PTN> 1/2 Photo Paper Pro Platinum N

Quality & Media: Media Type: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II

Print Quality: Fine (slider all the way to the right)

Like I said, both computers have the same settings, but the print from the new computer doesn't look like the print from the old computer. I've attached a picture I took of both prints. The top print is from the old computer and the bottom print is from the new computer.

newvsold.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@kathyjurek wrote:

Hello,

I suddenly started having this problem on September 27. I was using the PSD 2019 version.

Since my printer had been fine prior to the Sept 27 Catalina update. I discovered that in July there was an update to the Canon Pro 100 driver so I downloaded that. I also noticed there was a PSD 2020 so I opened that and my printer started printing great again. I think it was the driver I needed to work with the Catalina update. 

I burned through a lot of paper trying to figure it out but am so relieved so because it really feels like the world is ending when you have orders to print and the printer's not working!

🙂

Hi there—sorry if I'm misunderstanding but what do you mean by PSD? Print Studio? Photoshop? I'd like to try that too but I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements