cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Pro-100 to print color?

Sukoshi
Contributor

I just installed my pro-100 and ran the alligment tests, everything looked fine.  I went to do a photo-print out of Lightroom 5, and it printed in B&W rather than color.  I tried disabaling the profile and ensuring black and white was not checked anywhere in the Canon software, as well as LR5, and tried another print.. and again, it printed in B&W!  I did a nozzle check and every color came out just fine...  I have a pretty decent amount with photo printers (primarily Espon 3880&4880s), so I'm worried I'm just missing something obvious... Any thoughts/suggestions as to what could be causing this issue? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, Sukoshi!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 7, with Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC!   So far I've only tried printing out of LightRoom. 

Thanks!

Are you using Easy Photo Print Pro or are you printing directly from LR?

If you are straight from LR is the monitor showing color?  If the screen is showing color than the printer is changing it to B&W.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I am printing directly through LR. And yep, screen was showing color!  I finally got it figured out this morning! 🙂  Thanks for your input!!

While I don't have Lightroom, it probably uses the same driver for the Pro-100 as in my Win-7 setup.  When you print, go to properties and insure "photo printing" is selected under the quick setup tab.  Then go to the main tab and check "preview before printing."  That gives you the opportunity to stop the process if the preview is B&W.  I was having trouble with color balance (screen to output) and found the preview was a good representation of output.  It also prevents you from simple mistakes like forgetting to go to landscape, setting the wrong paper size, etc.  Hope this helps with your troubleshooting.  OBTW, once I broke a few of the codes, I have been thrilled with the printer's output.  Plan on investing a lot in ink, particularly the grays.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Right off the top, I would say regardless of what you said, you have something set to B&W.

"I have a pretty decent amount with photo printers ..."

Have a decent amount of ...what? Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I meant to add "experience"!   Sorry, I was still messing with the printer while typing my post and I sometimes don't do so well with multitasking...How embarassing! hah!

I've been searching and searching for any area that could be checked, but still can't find anything.  The only place I did not check was the software Canon inlcuded to print from, which I believe shouldn't matter as I'm printing via Lightroom only. I did not try running a print from Photoshop CC.  At this point, I can't imagine having "accidentally" put anything to B&W only, as I litterally just got it hooked up, adjusted the print head, set the ICC profile to Luster,  and printed a test sheet 😕  It should all be defult still... 

I also did sort through LightRoom and didn't see anything obvious, but I'm going to weed through all the preferance menus after trying a print from PS. 

Sukoshi
Contributor

I finally got the issue figured out- it was indeed a small option!  In Lightroom there's an setting that will pull up the printers options..  It was set to the wrong profile, and it had to be changed in LR, not just in the printer's software 🙂  I can take a screen cap later if you guys want, but LR is currently installing and update so it'd have to be awhile later!

Thank you everyone for your advice/input 🙂

Announcements