cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden, my Pro9000 Mark II printer won't print.

elliep
Apprentice

The operating system is 10.9.4 on a Mac computer. It's been working fine, but today, when I ask it to print, the print window opens, I make all the adjustments and then click on "print" and nothing happens. I've tried it with a couple of images. I turned the printer off and on, turned it off and restarted the computer, then turned it on.

When I hit the print button, the printer makes some noises, the green on/off light starts blinking like usual, but then it stops blinking and nothing more happens.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

elliep
Apprentice

I meant to include with my post (copied below) that the other thing that usually happens but is not happening with this new development is that when I do print, an icon appears in the dock that I can click on and when it opens it shows me the current printing job. Sometimes I stop the printing for various reasons. Now no icon appears. 

The operating system is 10.9.4 on a Mac computer. It's been working fine, but today, when I ask it to print, the print window opens, I make all the adjustments and then click on "print" and nothing happens. I've tried it with a couple of images. I turned the printer off and on, turned it off and restarted the computer, then turned it on.

When I hit the print button, the printer makes some noises, the green on/off light starts blinking like usual, but then it stops blinking and nothing more happens.

Reset Printing System.

• Deletes all queues and jobs.
  • Resets all printer settings to their default by deleting configuration files.
  • Performs a permissions check on the /tmp directory.

Any printers, scanners, or fax modems that previously appeared in System Preferences will need to be added again after resetting the printing system.

To use the Reset Printing System function follow these steps:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Since all Mac's OS's are slightly different, yours may not be exactly like this but it is a general idea.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements