cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year old Canon MP620 prints better quality than new Pro-100?

KojiDesigns
Apprentice

Okay, so I am getting awfully frustrated with my Pro-100 (I actually purchased two for my business. Business cards, invitations, photo prints, posters, etc), and it's print quality.

I have attached images below of a comaprison print between my 7 year old MP620, and the Pro-100. They are both using the same setting, including profiles (obviously one for the MP, and one specifically for the Pro. But for the same paper). The Pro-100 is significantly lacking in clarity, true colors, and contrast / blacks. It also lacks in the clarity of text, which appears fuzzy.

Another issue, is as you can see in the photos, the Pro-100 print isn't aligned correctly. It is supposed to be printing cantered on the page, as the MP print is, and it pushes it off to the side. This alone kills my ability to do two-sided business cards, due to the alignment issue.

What's the deal? Is this fixable, or is this just the quality the Pro-100 produces on cover paper? The prints on photo paper are beautiful, with rich colors and blacks. Any help would be appreciated.

(The MP prints stick out. The colors on the MP are true to my screen calibration.)

IMG_0228.JPG 

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements