cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE Drivers corrupted due to user permissions

Foxnaround
Apprentice

We are installing several different new models of the imagerunner Advanced type in our enterprise network running on Windows Print Server (2016). I followed a Canon support document trying to install the new driver on only one print queue through the add printer wizard per the directions, but it is demanding users all over our agency to enter elevated permissions to update their driver, so it has corrupted the existing driver. We have about 50 of these with about 20 replaced. I need to know if I can reinstall the latest Universal Driver from Jan 2024 on the server and fix this, or will it disable all 300 Canon users? 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Foxnaround!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Foxnaround
Apprentice

I followed a Canon support document that said I could install a new driver on a single network printer using the add printer wizard, which I tried, but it's causing problems for ALL Canon users, requiring them to enter Admin credentials to reinstall their printers. We have (55) imageRunner Adv scanners used by a few hundred users 7x34x365. There are about a dozen different models. They all work with canon's Universal driver dated 2020. The latest driver I tried to install yesterday dated Jan 2024 didn't install correctly and our helpdesk is swamped with calls. Here's my urgent question... Can I just run the "add driver" from the Print Manager on the server without disrupting ALL users, or do I have to remove the current Universal and then reinstall which will probably require over 1100 users to remove it from their Windows 10 profile and download it again from the server. Here is one of the old models and one of the new if you require printer models, but this is a Universal driver question, not a model dependent question...

Old Model currently in production: Canon IRA C5535I III

New Model currently in production: Canon IRA DX C3935i

Thank you!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Some IT considerations.

Use a GPO to remove the failed Pint Driver from user's machines.

Use a GPO to install the updated driver.  Create a test OU and deploy the test driver to it before enabling the policy across the entire domain.  Now users don't need admin permissions and the help desk won't be swamped.

Don't deploy to a production environment without testing.  Hope it gets resolved quickly.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements