cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF iPF670 Won't Print Blue

Gsforbes
Contributor

A few days ago my IPF670 started printing terrible copies. A nozzle check showed it was not printing blue. All the other colors were printing fine. It said I had plenty of blue ink in my cartridge but I put in a new cartridge anyway. This did not help. I then spent the next 2 days running maintenance, cleaning the print head several times. Then it got stuck on replenishing the ink. When this started all of my ink cartridges were full. Now all of my ink is gone, my maintenance cartridge is full and my printer still will not print blue! I need to get this printer up and running for my business but don't what step to take next to get it fixed without wasting more ink.

7 REPLIES 7

RLCunningham
Contributor

When you say you cleaned the print heads several time, how did you clean it? Via the printer utility?

Yes and once I took the print head out and used a Qtip to clean it with a cleaning solution. 

When mine didn't print on one bank, I removed the printer head, soaked it in Windex for two days then flushed it out with the kitchen faucet sprayer with the spray head removed. Worked wonderfully!

Thanks. I'll try that. 

Gsforbes
Contributor

I soaked the printhead in windex and flushed out the nozzles with a syringe. I could see all of the colors coming out, including blue. I flushed it until it was clear then dried it and did a test nozzle print. but it still won't print blue. All of the other colors print perfectly even though I am almost completely out of in now. 

Try doing a clean and then another test. I had one color that didn't print as well and doing a clean purged the water out of the head. It still may be waterlogged and that may be the only problem now.

Gsforbes
Contributor

I have cleaned it several times and I can see where there is blue ink going into the print head and coming out of the print head but won’t print at all on paper. All I can think to do now is replace the print head. It is 4 years old. 

Announcements