cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Forward to folder on imageRUNNER 1643iF

djc1309
Apprentice

I am having difficulty with getting faxes or scans to forward over to a folder on the server and have several questions. The folders for scans and faxes are shared. I have added a Type: File in the address book for scans and faxes both. I have logged into the printer and in the "Settings/Registration: Function Settings: RX/Forwarding Settings > Fax RX Settings > Edit Forwarding Settings" I have activated the Use Forwarding Function. The Destination is the name of the server. 

QUESTION - When setting up the path in the Address Book, do I need to put the entire path (ie: \\server\drive\folder) or do i simply put the name of the shared folder?

I am not sure I am putting things in correctly and the manual pages that I have found thus far have not been very helpful. 

Do I have a choice as to the file type for faxes like that in the save scans settings (PDF, TIF, etc.) or is it automatically a tiff file every time.

What about the naming of the file? I put the name of the file to be "Fax". Does it automatically add a counter or date&time to the file name I specified so as not to overwrite the previous fax?

Thank You

David

2 REPLIES 2

StevenMOD

Hello djc1309,

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your Canon Dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, you're welcome to call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I realize this is a smaller model, but I believe all IR products are supported by Canon's Dealer Network.  Canon can provide a list of dealers locally if you don't have one.  

Regarding your QUESTION - When setting up the path in the Address Book, do I need to put the entire path (ie: \\server\drive\folder) or do i simply put the name of the shared folder?

You need to use the full path to the destination on your network.  That can be \\FQDN or IP\share\folder

Faxes are saved sequentially, they won't overwrite each other.   

We have 6 IR's but none are using fax.  I know TIFF is typical.  You might be able to change to .PDF.  I suggest you establish a relationship with a dealer for support. 

From Canon:

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements