cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImagProGraf Pro-4100 bleeding Cyan into Red and PGY

saraDPL
Apprentice

Hello,

I have been having a very consistent problem when printing on my pro-4100, where no matter what paper I'm printing onto, the first images sent through will always print blue. Either the entire image, or a starting border on the photo.

I have already called the service line, done a deep cleaning, and initially the problem seemed to be corrected, but the blue printing is back.

These are both from after the deep cleaning, the red and the PGY are both contaminated with Cyan.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

img_002.jpg

img_001.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

it is recommended that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366 Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

I have this very much problem on my Pro2000.... For months now. First print of the day: cyan trash. But from there it works fine untill next day. I live with that and my guess is that a head replacement is the only way to go. Expensive though....

citacomp
Apprentice

I am having the same problem on a pro6000, but with the 3rd channel. When I went to manually clean the print head, there were large droplets on the head, after cleaning, they came right back. I think the head is leaking, creating the droplets, which are either extending/bleeding onto other colors around it and contaminating them until they spray enough to clear out the contamination. I also see random color spots on prints from time to time. Based on the shape and size, I think it is the pooled droplets falling off the printhead during printing.

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

The only solution is a brand new head....

IMG_2919.jpeg

Announcements