cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma ix6820

mpo881
Apprentice

Hello,

Briand new out of the box ix6820 that is not detected by the network. Attempted to install on Windows 10 PC 64 bit with Linksys EA6100 WiFi router with WPA2 security. I installed fimrware via the ROM and also downloaded from Canon. From ROM, screen 1/NEXT. Screen 2/Installing Set up Guide. Screen 3/Network Connection. Screen 4/Wirelss connecfion. Screen 5/Power ON/Next. Screen 6/Processing Please Wait. Screen 7/Connect to the Network. Screen 8/Cableless set up. Screen 9/Hold down the wifi button/NEXT. Screen 10/Make sure WIfi lamp flashes quickly/Next. Screen 11/Setting up Network temporarliy disconnected. Screen 12/Softwarew Installation List/NEXT. Screen 13/EULA/Yes. Screen 14/Please Allow all/Next. Screen 15/IJ Printer Driver. Screen 16/ Users Manual. Screen 17/My Printer. Screen 18/ My Image Garden. Screen 19/Quick Menu. Screen 20/Easy Web Print EX. Screen 21/ Searching for Printers. Screen 22/ Printer not detected/ redetect/seraching for printers/cancel. Screen 23/Installation is not complete..../Yes. Screen 23/Setup Complete. This makes absolutely no sense because the screen before I just cancelled Installation. The printer is not listed in the devices on the router nor in the Control Panel. If I open  Canon/Utilities/MyPrinter it shows "The supported printer cannot be detected". If I click on "Diagnose and Repair"/Yes/next-The printer that supported my printer cannot be detected.....(Printers connected via a network cannot be diagnosed or repaired). Laughable at best, Thats where I stopped on the PC but at  some point the steady ORANGE error light came on near the end of this whole mess.  

Next, like a fool, I thought I would try on my iPhone X running 14.3 using Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY. WiFi ON and connected to Cannon_ij_Setup. Screen 1/Do you wnat to search for available printers/Yes. Screen 2 WiFi setup, Screen 3 Select Wireless Router/Linksys. Screen 4/ enter Password/ Saving. Screen 5/Settings Information has been Sent/OK. Screen 6/Register Printer/Wait for printer name to appear-IT NEVER DOES/If Printer cannot be found/Auto Connection/Does your printer have a button like this/No/Confirm that you prepared the printer/Next/Processing/printer will be connected to the following router LINKSYS/Yes/enter password/Yes/Saving/Settings Information has been sent/ok/wait for printer name to appear-IT NEVER DOES.

Yes to all, rebooted PC, iPhone, reset router.unplugged printer installed from ROM and downloaded from Canon. 

Ok, that is 5 hours of my life I will never get back. Thanks very much Canon. Help is appreciated and thanks for looking at my post.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mpo881,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

amberlynnmccann
Apprentice

Was this issue ever resolved for you? I am having the same problem now - my IX6820 was working perfectly fine on the wireless until a few days ago - now when I try to reconnect it - it searches for the printer and then the orange light goes on. 

Nope. I gave up and returned it. Customer service was about as good as the printer. In other words, terrible. Do yourself a favor and do the same

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements