cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf6160dw says Failed to Acquire information for registration when registering for google cloud print

fireman-175
Apprentice

Howdy, I have been working on resolving this for almost a year.  All I get from Canon support is that this is a google cloud printer issue and not a printer issue.  Whatever the cause, I bought a Google Cloud Print ready printer that said it works with Google Cloud Print.  It does not.

I have this printer wirelessly on a home network with a new (same with old Asus T-mobile router) Archer C9 router.  The printer works great within the network and has a static IP of 192.168.0.100.  It is also listed as online by Google cloud print and test fine from their website as used within my network.  It won't print when I am printing from another location over the web.  When I go to register it under Management on my network PC (windows 10/64) I always get an error that says "192.168.0.100 says 'failed to acquire information for registration'".  I have turned cloud off, on, off, on, rebooted, washed my car, drank a beer, stomped my feet, and still it will not register.

When I call Canon, they just pass the buck.  However, last time they said something about opening port 5222 but they could not email me the instructions.  I did  open port 5222 over Windows firewall, but nothing improved.  Could there be a setting on the wireless router I should have set, or a setting on the printer administration I am missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements