cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF230 Series - MF Scan Utility Cannot Communicate with Scanner Error

mslivvy
Apprentice

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After installing the two drivers shown below, I am able to print but not scan. The computer is  connected to the scanner via USB cable.  The error I get when I try to run the MF Scan Utility says: 

"Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected ..." Error code: 155,0,0 

However I am able to print so clearly my computer is able to communicate with the scanner. 

File Name[Windows 64bit] MF236n/MF232w MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear)
TypeDrivers
Date11.26.21
File Size179.73 MB

File Name[Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.0
TypeSoftware
Date04.28.2
1 REPLY 1

Albertino
Apprentice

I have both a Canon mf 216 and a mf 230 (mf236n to be exact. I’ve had this problem, off and on, only with the mf236. I have Dell Inspiron 5490 desktop/home PC, not connected to a network

> Won’t scan; Pop up -  Error code 155,0,0 “Cannot communicate with the scanner…”

> Drivers checked – up to date

> Cables Ok

> Cycling power for mf 236 and PC, no help

> Test prints OK

> Prints otherwise Ok

> Tried the usual Win 11 troubleshooting, no help.

Maddeningly, testing it from a laptop (running Win 11) will sometimes work, sometimes not. Only “fix” is cycling power off and on both PC and mf236 (often several times) but this is not consistent.

When this happened in the past, I added the MS printer app(?) which worked for awhile but problem came back. I’ve removed it, and will see how that works in the long(er) run

Announcements