Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP632Cdw says it's offline

polymath
Apprentice

Hello, 

So background:

1.  My previous printer was wireless (ergo conceptually I can do it.  😃   ).  This is a windows 11 OS.

2.  My cannon LBP631Cdw works with a USB (ergo conceptually, the printer drivers are installed.  😃  )

3.  I did go thru the printer menu and connect to my network.  

I cannot get the printer to print through the wifi.  It shows as "offline".  I feel there is a missing step somewhere.  How do I solve this?  Can I?

a.  Do it through properties, preferences, or ....?

b.  Should I re-run the installation software?  When I tried this on the initial install, it didn't see the printer, so I needed to get it up & running & went the path of least resistance by using a USB.

c.  Any other ways to switch it to wifi?

Thank you so much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CanonUser20231
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought this printer and set it up using the printer's control panel as well. I'm using my home wifi. If your step b doesn't find a printer on the network, and  you've configured your printer from its control panel (not Windows control panel) and successfully attached, it sounds as if your network may be sub-netted (meaning your Win11 machine is on a different network than the printer). Have you checked the IP addresses of both devices and the subnet?

Canon's lack of Tech Support is very frustrating. For some reason they overvalue the community - as if they know more than Canon. 

Good luck

View solution in original post

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Polymath,

If you have connected the printer to your network using the button panel, you can try reinstalling the setup from the disc or the Generic Plus UFR II Printer Driver V2.90 from our Canon USA support site. Before starting the install, I would suggest turning off any security software running on the computer. You can select the network option when it asks to select your connection to see if it detects the network connection that you established using the printer's operation panel. If the printer is still not detected during the setup, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the printer's network connection and your network environment to see what might be causing the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CanonUser20231
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought this printer and set it up using the printer's control panel as well. I'm using my home wifi. If your step b doesn't find a printer on the network, and  you've configured your printer from its control panel (not Windows control panel) and successfully attached, it sounds as if your network may be sub-netted (meaning your Win11 machine is on a different network than the printer). Have you checked the IP addresses of both devices and the subnet?

Canon's lack of Tech Support is very frustrating. For some reason they overvalue the community - as if they know more than Canon. 

Good luck

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Polymath,

If you have connected the printer to your network using the button panel, you can try reinstalling the setup from the disc or the Generic Plus UFR II Printer Driver V2.90 from our Canon USA support site. Before starting the install, I would suggest turning off any security software running on the computer. You can select the network option when it asks to select your connection to see if it detects the network connection that you established using the printer's operation panel. If the printer is still not detected during the setup, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the printer's network connection and your network environment to see what might be causing the issue.

Announcements