cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mp640 scanner issue

susiegtx
Apprentice

Printer is working over wifi, however scanner will not work. Using the scanner directly it only points to a USB and I put in a USB stick and it does not recognize it. If I go into Navigaor is says cannot communitcate, Scanner is off, or disconnected. Code 5, 145,55

Please help!

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi, susiegtx!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to discover your support options from Canon USA. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I use Windows 10 version 1903 and connect via Wifi using TP link router. Wifi is working for the printer, but does not work for the scanner. Scanner does not appear to be connected for some reason. As I wrote in original reply.

Hi susiegtx,

First, let's reinstall the driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on the keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the Canon MP640 printer and left click on Remove device.

5.  Repeat until all MP640's are removed.

6.  Once gone, please click on Control Panel in the upper left corner (or the back button).

7.  Click on Uninstall a program.

8.  Click on "Canon MP640 MP drivers" and then click on Uninstall at the top.

9.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the drivers.

Once uninstalled, please follow these steps to reinstall:

1.  Open a web browser and visit usa.canon.com/support

2.  On the page that loads, type PIXMA MP640 in the enter model box and click GO.

3.  Click on the Drivers & Downloads button.

4.  Click the Select button next to "MP640 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05".

5.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

6.  Once the download is complete, please open/run it to reinstall the drivers.

When the installation is complete, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements