cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon g620 printer firmware update failed

roger684
Apprentice

I am trying to update the firmware on my canon g620 printer. I've done this once before a few months using the control screen panel and everything worked perfectly. This time I keep getting a message "Failed to update". When I click on "OK" it appears to show a red X with a wi-fi icon. This seems to indicate that there is no wi-fi connection, but I am connected because I can print from my computer to the printer.

I've tried using the Canon wi-fi connection assistant and it says "you are connected". This has been going on for two days without success. To make it even more frustrating, the printer keeps trying to update the firmware every ten or fifteen minutes and it keeps saying "Failed to update".The Canon chat utility is useless because they want to charge you money to help you.

I just want to know what I can do to get the firmware update to work like it did the first time I updated the firmware using the same identical method. I also have a Canon G3270 printer that I'm using that is wi-fi connected so I just don't see why the g620 doesn't seem to recognize it's connected to the same computer.

Even after I shut the printer down and turn it back on a few hours later it still keeps trying to update the firmware without success. I can't seem to find a way to stop it from continuously trying to update. What would happen if I just reset everything to default? I need help resolving this issue.

Roger

2 REPLIES 2

shazzieroo
Apprentice

I just saw this after posting about my G620 not taking the update. I don't have any answers for you because I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING to no avail... but I feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one?

At least someone else is experiencing the same issue. I expect more g620 printer owners to come forward with similar problems since the firmware update was first released only a day ago. 

As for your paper feeding issue, there are numerous YouTube tutorials on how to clean the printer rollers that feed the paper. A lot of them seem to have corrected the problem. Hope this helps. 

Announcements