cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless printing won't start unless I test printer

twestheimer
Apprentice

When I print to my Pixma mx870 it sends the job to the queue and it sits there. If I go to the Windows 10 printers and select the printer that has the document in the queue and test the printer it starts printing after the test succeeds.

thanks for any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi twestheimer,

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend removing and reinstalling the driver. The following steps will assist:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. If the printer is setup with a USB cable disconnect one end of the USB cable.
  3. Open this email on your computer and click HERE to go directly to the download site.
  4. Below the Drivers & Downloads, next to Operating System, you should see that  your operating system has been detected.
  5. A little further down and to the right, click on the SELECT button next to the file titled, "MX870 series MP Driver Ver. 1.06"
  6. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  7. If you are asked if you want to RUN or SAVE the file, click on SAVE.
  8. When the file has been saved, you will be given the option to OPEN or RUN the file. This time click on RUN.
  9. If you are not given the option to RUN the file, go to the downloads folder and double-click on the file name. The file name will be "mp68-win-mx870-1_06-ea24.exe".
  10. If you are asked if you would like to allow the setup program to make changes, select YES or OK.
  11. When the welcome screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
  12. If applicable, the software will tell you when to connect the USB cable.
  13. Perform a test print.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi twestheimer,

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend removing and reinstalling the driver. The following steps will assist:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. If the printer is setup with a USB cable disconnect one end of the USB cable.
  3. Open this email on your computer and click HERE to go directly to the download site.
  4. Below the Drivers & Downloads, next to Operating System, you should see that  your operating system has been detected.
  5. A little further down and to the right, click on the SELECT button next to the file titled, "MX870 series MP Driver Ver. 1.06"
  6. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  7. If you are asked if you want to RUN or SAVE the file, click on SAVE.
  8. When the file has been saved, you will be given the option to OPEN or RUN the file. This time click on RUN.
  9. If you are not given the option to RUN the file, go to the downloads folder and double-click on the file name. The file name will be "mp68-win-mx870-1_06-ea24.exe".
  10. If you are asked if you would like to allow the setup program to make changes, select YES or OK.
  11. When the welcome screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
  12. If applicable, the software will tell you when to connect the USB cable.
  13. Perform a test print.

Announcements