cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows not detecting canon pixma printer - Help

Internet_Clown_
Apprentice

hopefully im positing in the right board here.

Anyway we had purchased a printer from argos to print school work etc. 

At first everything was working but sometimes when you are trying to print something the printer would say the paper size is different so you would have to try again.

And on my pc it would say both printer is not repsonding and printer is offline even though the blue wifi light is lit. I dont fancy restarting my router as im waiting for the Dynamic line managment to restore my speeds and our 3 Sky Q boxes are a pain when it comes to connecting them to wifi. 

I tried removing ther printer from the printer list on my pc and now it can't detect the printer at all. I tried installing drivers but to no avail. However, my mums iphone 7 picks up the printer and can print no problem. 

Also my sisters chrome book found the printer when we first brought it but it woudnt list the model number in the setup. Now like my pc it isnt picking up the printer at all. i've tried downloading print services from the playstore but it wont work.

I've logged into my router and it is defo connected to the printer as ithe printer ip address is showing up in the router devices list. 

I've updated the printer but again to no avail.

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, Internet_Clown_!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon PIXMA printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements