cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download the latest driver for imageCLASS MF4880dw?

nskmda_
Apprentice

Team,

I have this older model of imageCLASS MF4880dw multi-functional device.

I really appreciate it as it's been serving me for almost 10 yrs now (though I don't use it much).

I noticed an issue with the scanning over the network function.

When the printer is connected to the WiFi network the scanning is relatively slow (especially in the high resolution color mode) but I guess it's because my WiFi signal is weak where the printer is installed (sorry, can't really move it).

But when I'm trying to connect it to the wired network then scanning always fails.

The lamp goes over the scan bed all the way (and back to the starting position) but then soon after the scanner starts sending the image data over to the remote computer it fails with the message "Error occurred" (not sure if there's an error code). I tested the network speed and it came up sufficient to me (like 10+ mbps).

I've never updated the device firmware.
Is there a way I can download the whatever the latest update is and install it on the device?

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, nskmda_!

You can download everything you need for your imageCLASS MF4880dw, including drivers and their updates and patches, for free right HERE.

If you continue to run into problems, we recommend contacting our imageCLASS support team.  They're open weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements