Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install CANON PIXMA TS3522

jayflora
Apprentice

Hi, 

I'm trying to install CANON PIXMA TS3522 but getting error:

To install the software, you must be logged in to an administrator account. Click (OK) to cancel the installation. If you are using the CD-ROM, remove it after clicking [OK]. Log in to an administrator account, then install the software

jayflora_1-1697650571596.png

Already logged in as an administrator.

Below resolution will not work. Not found in Pixma TS3522 installer.

1. Unpack the driver's .exe into a folder

2. Locate msetup4.ini file and open it in Notepad

3. Search for [CHECKADMIN] section

4. Change IFNE=%ADMIN%,0 to IFNE=%ADMIN%,1

5. Save, and run Setup (M4SETUP.EXE)

Please help. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hey there! I'm not a tech, but I've installed several printers in my time! Try the software HERE. Once you download it, right-click it and install it as an administrator. 

If that doesn't work, let us know! 

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the response. Already tried this one but it's not working either.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Try this:  When you go to run the installation file, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

It's not working either. Also tried running the exe file via CMD (admin). Same error.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A couple of suggestions for you to try.  

First.  Right-click on the file, Select Properties >Security tab > Advanced button.  Who is the owner?  If the admin user you are logged in as is not, Take Ownership.  Ensure this user has Full Control. Delete any unzipped directories or folder and unzip again, then run.  

shadowsports_6-1697671565874.png

The file is a self extracting .Zip

Start by deleting all copies of the file, and any folders or directories where you unpacked it and attempted to run it from.  

Using Stephen's link above, download a fresh copy of the installer to your downloads folder or desktop.  Right-Click on it and select Properties.

Check the "Unblock" checkbox box and press OK.  Now unzip and attempt to run it again.

shadowsports_1-1697670040594.png

If that doesn't work. Delete the folder where it unzipped to again.

Right-Click on the self-extracting executable and this time select "Rename".

Change the extension from .exe to .zip

Now unzip and attempt to run the installer again.  

shadowsports_2-1697670343410.png

shadowsports_3-1697670390283.png

Note you must have file extensions set to display to rename properly.  Otherwise you'll wind up with this. 

shadowsports_4-1697670557674.png

Hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements