cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8020 can't find wifi router

twkatadin
Apprentice

I have a new TS8020 that I'm trying to use with a windows 10 laptop. I've installed the software on the laptop and tried to do the easy connect setup but when it gets the the list of wifi points my home router isn't shown. I tried to manual enter the router name and password but that didn't work either. I also tried to do the manual setup right on the printer but it still refuses to find the router. Both my laptop and my phone are connected to my router, which is a linksys E2000. It's set to use WPA Mixed mode at 5.0ghz

I have tried unpluging the router and then restarting it, as well as unplugging the printer and restarting that. I also tried disabling IPv6 to see if that would do anything. I don't have a compatible USB cable on hand (and stupidly the printer doesn't come with one), so until I can run out and get that are there any suggestions? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The wireless radio in the printer only supports 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast, this is why you cannot see the SSID broadcast from the 5Ghz network on your router.  Enable the 2.4Ghz network on the E2000 and your printer will see that network. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The wireless radio in the printer only supports 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast, this is why you cannot see the SSID broadcast from the 5Ghz network on your router.  Enable the 2.4Ghz network on the E2000 and your printer will see that network. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements