cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR7520 will not connect to new router

DonnaM
Apprentice

I followed the Easy Wireless Set Up for Windows - PIXMA TR7520 instructions.

I get to step 8, choose "Yes" and receive Support Code 3441 on the printer with a failed connection notice.

Step 9 says: If the Select wireless router screen (shown below) appears, select the wireless router to connect to the printer, enter the Network Key (password) and select Next.
Your router and network settings determine whether or not this screen appears.

I believe I need to change the password. What router and network settings will cause the password screen to appear so I can enter the new one?

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer has a 2.4Ghz radio and can only connect to the 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast using WPA2 / AES encryption.  Please ensure you network supports this broadcast.  

After a network hardware change, it is usually recommended to rerun the installation software.  This will give you the opportunity to change or update the wireless network and password the new network is using.  

Downloads for your printer can be found here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-tr7520

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer has a 2.4Ghz radio and can only connect to the 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast using WPA2 / AES encryption.  Please ensure you network supports this broadcast.  

After a network hardware change, it is usually recommended to rerun the installation software.  This will give you the opportunity to change or update the wireless network and password the new network is using.  

Downloads for your printer can be found here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-tr7520

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was able to add a 2.4Ghz connection to my T-Mobile network. I then used it to successfully connect to the printer. Thank You!

Thank you for your reply and feedback Donna🙂.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements