cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY Photo Layout app stopped working

AshleyGermaine
Apprentice

Canon Selphy 1300 app totally stopped working

Hi there, can someone please give me advice on how to get past this issue I'm experiencing with my Canon SELPHY? I am using the latest version of the Canon SELPHY Photo Layout app on an android mobile device. I'm unable to print because the app just freezes at this step (photo attached). I've tried de-installing & re-installing the app, switching the connections off and on & pulling the power plug on the printer itself off and on. Nothing seems to work. It is frustrating and renders my printer pretty useless. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or knows if an app fix is coming soon? Thank you, appreciate it.

selphyscreenshot.jfif

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AshleyGermaine,

The "Canon PRINT" app must be installed separately for CP1300, CP1200, CP910, and CP900 before using the SELPHY Photo Layout app on your Android phone.

First, please uninstall the SELPHY Photo Layout app from your phone.

Once uninstalled, please install Canon PRINT.

After that app has been installed, please install the SELPHY Photo Layout app again.

Once both of those apps have been installed, please attempt to use the SELPHY Photo Layout app again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your reply and for trying to help me. I did as you instructed, and the first print came out without delay. However, during the second print, the freeze issue happened again. I repeated the entire process again (de-installed both apps, reinstalled Canon PRINT followed by the SELPHY Photo Layout. Once more, the first print came out without freezing, but froze when I tried to print the second time. I tried it on my brother's mobile device also (he's got another android model) and the problem was the same. Is there a troubleshoot for this issue I've discovered? I cannot be de-installing and reinstalling 2 apps each time I wish to print a photo... thanks to anyone who can provide me with some insights on how to get around this.

Announcements