cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote startup - shutdown of Pixma MX922

pghmike
Apprentice

Is there a way to remotely startup or shutdown, aside from through the printer driver, the Pixma MX922?  Ideally I would like to accomplish both through my browser.  Although command line options would work for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi pghmike!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what operating system you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue. Thanks and have a great day!

Operating Systems: Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro. I employ a solid state relay controlled by USB which turns the power on/off for an electrical circuit that powers a: Linksys switch, cordless phone, HP Deskjet printer, Slingbox, and external SATA drive. Ths USB 5 volts, which comes from my Dell desktop computer, is sufficient to open and close the solid state relay. Therefore, all items connected to the curcuit turn on and off when the Dell desktop powers up or down. The MX922 does not like it when the power is abruptly cutoff so I would like to initiate shutdown of the MX922 automatically via an application from my computer.  Powering Off through the print driver is too cumbersome (there must be an executable somewhere).  Ideally I would like to start the MX922 through an app on my computer. I understand that the MX922 has an "auto power on" feature which I have not tested. If so, then this feature solves half my problem.  Less ideal would be shutdown and startup via my web browser, either IE or Chrome. 

Thank you.

pghmike
Apprentice

I guess there is no solution, even Canon does not comment.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements