cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX882

swscott
Apprentice

I have recently installed a new router, and while I got my computer and phone successfully operating with the new router, my MX882 will not print.  I'm running a PC on Windows 7, and the device settings for the printer indicate is is "active" and ready to print, but when I send a print command there is a long pause and finally I get the message that "The printer is not responding".  

I've made sure the printer settings have the correct access point identified, the correct password, I've reinstalled the printer softwear, checked that the drivers are there, and I've attempted both wireless and wired connections.  But while the computer indicates it recognises the printer and that it's active, printer commands aren't recognized.  Any suggestions?

SWS

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the router uses both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, make sure that the computer is on the 2.4 GHz network, since the printer cannot communicate on the 5.0 Ghz frequency band.  Once you have confirmed that the computer and printer are on the same network, try reinstalling the drivers again.

If the computer is on the same network and the communication issues persist, try disabling any firewall programs that are running to see if they are interfering with communication.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements