cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 6220 Stopped WIFI Printing from files but test prints ok

knharper
Contributor

Scanning works wirelessly; test prints work; printing from files "fails." It was working until I happened to plug in another Canon printer, this time via USB. Now the 6220 will not print wirelessly from files.

5 REPLIES 5

knharper
Contributor

Soryr, forgot to mention I'm on a Macbook Pro with 10.14X OS. I have tried Word, Acrobat, etc. No dice.

When I try to print from any file (PDF, word, inDesign, whatever) the print dialog starts and then stops with a 'Filter' Failed error message. have tried downloading latest driver. Prints fine with test sheets and scanner is working so WIFI is not the issue. 

Be fore this happened, I had also tried to hook up another Canon printer to the WIFI network, which I never could get to work. It is a Canon 8720, and I now have it hooked up to the Macbook via USB. Could that be the problem?

Hi knharper,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Right click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.  Please note, this will remove all printers installed on your Mac.

5.  Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

6.  Enter your administrator username and password, and then click OK.

7.  When the printing system is reset and all of the printers are removed from the list, please restart your computer.

8.  Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner.

9.  Click on System preferences.

10.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

11.  Click the [+] at the bottom of the left side and then Add printer or scanner.

12.  In the Add window, select your PIXMA MG6220 from the list and click Add.

13.  Click “Print Using...”, and then select the PIXMA MG6220.

Once complete, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. This is actually one of the first things I tried. I will try it again.

I did all that and the printer shows up on the list of available printers. As mentinoed earlier, I can use WIFI to print test prints, to check ink supply and to scan. But when I try to print, it gets about halfway and then says Printing Failed or similar.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements