cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP8720 Printer Unable Wireless Printing Not Connecting - Chromebook Android OS

ntor2792
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon Pixma 8720 Printer which will not connect to WIFI. I am connecting to a chromebook running android OS.

The printer will not connect to my WIFI network. I followed the Canon instructions to no avial. I checked that the router was broadcasting 2.4 htz, and moved the printer next to the router. No matter what I try it will not connect. I cannot see the pinter on my WIFI gateway either.

I need to connect the printer to wifi in order to use the google print cloud which chromebook's use to print. This modle printer is supposed to be able to work with Google print cloud service. 

If any user knows how to trouble shoot the WIFI connection or Google Print Cloud please let me know. 

Many Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Great description of your problem.  In order for us to try and help, we need more information.  What you did, and the results.  

"I followed the canon instructions to no avail"

Can you share the specific steps with us, and the results?

"I moved the printer next to the router. No matter what I try it will not connect"

Again, what did you try?

Does your router use WPS?

Does it use a single SSID name for both 2.4 / 5G broadcasts?

Reference information:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART173493&cat=PRINTERS&actp=LIST

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en

I understand you are looking for help, but you have given us very little information to work with.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jbrondos
Apprentice

I have a Canon iP8700 printer and want to print to it from my ASUS C302C Chromebook.

This printer apparently is not setup for Chromebooks. I have the printer's IP address, but wondered how I might find the PPD for this printer so that I could set it up manually.

Announcements