09-20-2016 10:38 PM
New Pixma 2920 shows "printer offline message" when i attempt to print wirelessly but will scan documents using the quick menu. It has been sucessfully connected to another computer in the residence.
09-20-2016 10:47 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
09-20-2016 10:54 PM - edited 09-20-2016 10:57 PM
Both laptops are running Windows 10 operating systems and I am using a WIFI connection. The laptop in question will print fine when connected via USB cable.
09-22-2016 08:45 AM - edited 09-22-2016 08:48 AM
Restarting your network may resolve the issue being experienced. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Turn off your laptops.
2. Unplug your printer from the power source, and leave it unplugged for at least 5 minutes.
3. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
4. Wait 2-3 minutes, then plug the printer back in and turn it and the laptops back on.
Please attempt to print again. If you still experience difficulty, reinstalling the drivers for the printer on the laptop that is having difficulty printing may help. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MG2920. Once on the page, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.
2. Next to the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", click the box labeled "DRIVERS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
3. Once you have downloaded the MP Drivers file, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer and then right-click on the files and choose the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option to launch the installation program and reinstall the printer drivers on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer drivers and software are installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.
Hope this helps! If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance. A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help. There is no charge for this call.
03/02/2023: New Firmware Updates Are Available:EOS R7 - Version 1.3.0EOS R10 - Version 1.3.0
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.