cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photoshop, Canon Professional Print and Layout plugin keeps vanishing

CanonLA
Contributor

Mac Studio OS 12.4,  Photoshop 23.3.2, Canon Professional Print and Layout 1.3.0  

Every couple of days the Canon plugin vanishes and I have to reinstall it in order to print.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

CanonLA
Contributor

It's a Pro-1000 printer. Not sure how that would affect a Canon plugin vanishing from Photoshop every few days, but there you go. Also, there is nothing in the Canon database about this. Also calling support at Adobe and Canon about this today. Not looking forward to the loss of time for what will probably turn out to be a fool's errand. What I think is happening is the M1 chip is not compatible with the Intel version of Print and Layout. The plugin needs updating to make it stable. That's my guess. I couldn't be running a more up to date system. I can print, it's just annoying to have to close Photoshop and Lightroom every two days or so and reinstall the plugin. Started with the Mac Studio, which I updated to about three weeks ago. Canon plugin is not optimized for M1 is all.

CanonLA
Contributor

Called Canon support. No help to be had there. Happening continually still.

CanonLA
Contributor

So annoying. Canon support can't help and zero solutions from Canon or Adobe.

Announcements