cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 does not connect to internet

JLP1
Contributor

Is there any way to change the setting on the TR4720 to display an internet password being entered during setup? Currently the password is masked with ****. My new router has a very long, complicated password which I have attempted to enter many, many times - each resulting in a request to re-enter the password. With the mask, I can't tell what the error is.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JLP1
Contributor

PS  The cable worked one time and then didn't work either.  I finally went to the APP store, downloaded a free Canon printer app, accessed the printer and reset the password.  IT WORKED.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JLP1,

There isn't a way to disable the mask when entering the password for your Wi-Fi.

There are other ways to connect.  Does your router support WPS?  If so, you can quickly connect your PIXMA TR4720 to your Wi-Fi using the WPS method:

PIXMA TR4720 - Set Up the Wireless Connection Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Push Button Method 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed the instructions and keep getting a timeout error. I select the WPS Connect selection on the printer, then I press the WPS button on my Verizon router for 5 seconds, then I press the OK on the printer. It says Connecting..., then it times out. The printer and the router are about 12 feet apart with no obstruction between them. What next?

Try this: https://canon.us/TR4720setup 

After you hit next, go to option B

Thanks...but I just bought a cable to attach to my computer and am now connected.  Of course that only connects to one computer, not to everything on my network. I'll just figure out a work-around if I need to print from another device. 

JLP1
Contributor

I do appreciate your rapid response!!!  

JLP1
Contributor

PS  The cable worked one time and then didn't work either.  I finally went to the APP store, downloaded a free Canon printer app, accessed the printer and reset the password.  IT WORKED.  

Announcements