cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX892 Can't download drivers for Windows 11

zahmsk
Contributor

I just bought a new laptop and discovered I cannot download drivers for my Canon PIXMA MX892.  Are there any Windows 11 compatible printers that use 225 and 226 ink? 

6 REPLIES 6

normadel
Authority
Authority

First of all, try using the Windows 10 driver. Win10 drivers commonly work fine in Win11, as the two operating systems are very similar under the hood. I have two different "old" Pixmas that work perfectly with multiple Win 11 computers  with Win 10  drivers.

BTW, my Pixma iX6520 uses 225 and 226 cartridges.

Thank you. 

Someone sent me a link to the drivers but they won’t load, and the cost of the printer you mention is much higher than the ones I would purchase for occasional personal use. The company’s policy seems designed to force people to stop using perfectly functioning equipment and throw away ink. Good for them, not so good for the customer or the environment. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

Somebody sent you a link?  You should be going to Canon Support for your printer yourself. 

What exactly happened when you tried to install the Windows 10 driver? What message did you get?

seatides
Apprentice

I have the same issue. I have a perfectly good Canon Pixma MX892 and went to the Canon website and there are no drivers to be had there. The message posted at the site is, "PIXMA MX892 has been retired. Product support is no longer available. Driver and content updates are not being made." 

normadel
Authority
Authority

To both of you:

There is no driver for Windows 11. You have to choose Windows 10 (x64) to see the Windows 10 driver that I suggested trying. Look here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx892 

Announcements